View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Kelsie

Red face Full timing in our RV

Originally Posted by Sarasewsandstuff View Post
My dream is to RV full time and quilt around the country. Is there a group of quilters on here for that?
My husband and I left Canada on Dec. 1 last year so we have now been full timing for over 9 months. I only started quilting about 1 1/2 years ago just before we retired. As a new quilter I really have too many projects on the go already. Our RV is 36' long. Never having travelled in an RV before I was worried about storage before we left but I have managed just fine. My reserve storage is under the head of our Queen size bed. I also have one large cupboard beside our wardrobe that is just fabric and one 12" or 15" box on a bottom shelf that has my thread, tools, machine book, etc. I use the dinette - sometimes all of it and sometimes just half so that we can still eat at a table. I have a 1967 turquoise Singer that is set up all the time we are stationary and I have just bought a featherweight. We are leaving again this coming week and I have sewn up 200 "H's" and I will trim them and cut more fabric as we travel. (I need 288) The only problem will be if you are on the road and are ready to sandwich your quilt. Most RV parks have a hall with big tables but I have heard of some that charge you to use a table. The biggest thing will be power, if you are not in a campground generators are noisy and not always acceptable. Some RV parks have quilting groups and times.