View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 08:33 AM
bkay

Originally Posted by Danny123 View Post
Did I send the above post to the right section?
You'd probably get more responses if you started a new thread. Not everyone reads every thread. They usually read one to see what it's about, and then follow it if they are interested. So, it's possible by not starting a new thread about a 401, few people will see it. Post it in Vintage and Antique Machine Enthusiasts and title it "401 yada, yada" (you get the idea).

I would not pay much more than you did if I didn't see the machine work and it will require a foot pedal. It appears to be in good condition and has a nice case, so that's a plus. It's a great machine, but the 401 is notorious for freezing up. It's a laborious chore to un-freeze it. It's not hard to do, but does take a lot of cleaning with hairdryers, PB blaster, alcohol or kerosene and re-oiling and re-greasing. There are several threads about the process, which helped me get mine done.

If it's working and you are willing to wait, and keep posting it on craigslist or Offerup or something like that, you will probably get somewhere between $100 and $200 in Dallas. Having a case adds value here. However, going prices vary by region.

bkay