Old 10-24-2017, 06:44 AM
QuiltyReese

Originally Posted by orangeroom View Post
DH and I are going to Bar Harbor, Maine within the next week. I was wondering if you can suggest places we should visit; fabric shops, as well as main attractions.

It's about an 11 hour drive. So, we're going to make a real road trip of it and stay somewhere along the way and way back. I don't know how many days recovery I'd need if we drove all 11 hours in one day.

Thanks in advance!

I live in Maine! If you are driving from the south along I 295, stop in Freeport Maine. Lots of discount outlet shops and the headquarters to LL Bean. You can choose to drive on I295 or I95 when you get to Maine. I prefer 295. They have cheaper tolls and better scenery. Freeport also has a cute little quilt shop called Cotton Weeds Quilt shop that I visit when I am there.

On Route 1 in Trenton, on the way to Bar Harbor there is a nice shop called Sewing by the Sea. I have been there a few times and I really like it.

In Bar Harbor definitely check out Acadia National Park. So gorgeous in the fall. Take a drive to the top of Cadillac Mountain. There is tons to do in town Bar Harbor. Lots of shops and boat rides. Keep in mind that tourist season is winding down there so I am not sure what shops will still be open.