View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 12:01 PM
MarionsQuilts

Default Need challenges!

I've been quilting for over 15 years, not quite 20 yet, but am finding lately that every pattern I peruse I simply don't want to do. I started one the other day, cut everything all out, and started working on it, and just now packaged it all into ziplock bags because I don't feel like doing it anymore.

I was chatting with one of my friends and she said I simply need more challenges, and to try something radically different LOL ... like the bali wedding star quilt that I did this year wasn't challenging enough!

So I'm going to try and hand quilt a quilt (again, I tried earlier this year and didn't like it) ... but I discovered big stitch handquilting, so am willing to try that one.

I also remembered that I bought in inktense derwent pencil crayons a long time ago (and put them away, and totally forgot about them) ... so might try those out.

I'm also toying with the idea of really truly practicing free motion quilting ... I've tried it a couple of times and simply don't have the patience to keep at it long enough to get good!

Does anyone else get like this? Just totally uninspired?

I still love quilting, and it's the best thing for me to do in the evenings as I share this time with my parrot (we share a large room) ... if I didn't do this, I'd have to find another hobby to do in the same room as her.