View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 08:31 AM
mac

There is also the "mile-a-minute" process, that is similar to the confetti quilt. You sew all the small pieces together and then you cut them into blocks. It is sort of like making your own fabric. There is a book out on this with the same title.

A friend of mine, made a confetti quilt which was really nice, but I could never get over the fact that you could see the netting that is placed over the quilt. For me, even though it was really faint, it took away from the fact that you had all these colors slightly muted by the netting that was used.

Of course, if you had a lot of itsy bitsy pieces, that can't be sewn together because they were too small, this would be the perfect solution to putting them all together. I knew a person that never, ever, threw her little triangles away that you cut off the corners of blocks. She saved them in a mason jar and she had lots of those jars filled with the triangles. I don't think she ever intended to use them, she said that she just like seeing the colorful jars in her quilting room.