View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 12:01 PM
Sew Freak

I would say Yes!!! #1 - did you ever hear things like 'a place for everything and everything in its place!' While I haven't mastered that yet I diligently try to put things away once when I am done using them. (Hard to do but not impossible) Or.....'put things back in their place where they belong!' Somewhat hard to do if you've just rearranged your room to be more user friendly...this one is really important!!!....know why???? When you need that particular item next time guess what??????----you know where it's at!!!!!!!!! I know....crazy huh????!!!!!!!! Again, hard at times but not impossible! Trust me on this one - it is a habit that needs to be honed....but once you get used to it it becomes second nature. #2 I can set apart 3-4hrs. a day to quilt/sew mainly because as far as I'm concerned there isn't much on TV to watch. (however....Nothing comes between me and Gibbs!!!) I did have DH make me a small sewing table to setup in the TV room for the maybe 3 or 4 programs I might watch but for the most part I get movies from the library and watch them in my SR while I sew. #3 I have been working hard to use up my stash!!! But then there are always things I want to sew that I have to buy material for. Last week when JA had their Keepsake calico on sale I got about another 10yds. of things I have been waiting for a sale on. I would like to tell you I think I am set for a while which is almost true....but I think we all know....well....nevermind!!! LOL! #4 not an issue....at least not that I've noticed. #5 No....I have around 60 books and I Refuse to buy more....so far so good on that one!! #6 I haven't taken any classes, don't know if I will....but they have 'open sewing' days at the quilt shop near me I'd like to attend if not before the holidays then for sure in Jan. (just too busy right now). Once you get started with your retired time things will fall into place...don't forget you won't be working so you might not get as tired as you think.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-07-2018 at 02:02 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps