View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 12:19 PM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

I am retired for about 13 years. Before we moved to this house in a different state I had no good place to quilt. We kept a guest room because guests came and I didn't want to keep putting things away. Tried Sharing computer room with Mr stitchnripper but neither one of us liked that. I took over the dining room for a while but didn't like that either. I told Mr s that if we stayed in former state we would need different house. We moved here 2 years ago and I have a dedicated quilting room that I enjoy a lot. But there is so much to do here that while I quilt more I don't put in hours a day. Quilting is just one of the things I enjoy. I go to the quilt shop close by on Fridays and sew with some really nice women. I can keep my room clean. I don't have a stash. I can afford to buy what I want but don't want much. Lots of the women give me scraps so I can enjoy making scrap quilts. I take classes at the shop sometimes. All enjoyable but so are the other things I do. Do not have floor to ceiling stacks of books and magazines.