View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Jeanne S

I have to work at keeping my sewing room organized just like it takes effort to pick up around the rest of the house. As for time, if I am in the mood to sew, I can easily spend all day at it, several days in a row. But I do have some regular volunteering work I do outside of the house, and we can have frequent spurts of needing to help out with grandkids, and I still travel extensively on photo trips. So the first few years I was retired I sewed several hours every day, but lately for the last few months I have not sewed at all. I think it all comes down to your priorities—-you can do what you want!
As far as stash is concerned, I hardly ever use it! The new projects I start all seem to need brand new fabrics! I keep thinking I will use it, but it never seems to happen, so if you are like me, do not stock up before retirement but just bank that money to use later. I rarely look at old magazines and have cleared them out. I do have a small library of 30 or so quilt books that I have kept and still occasionally use, or have designs that are still on my bucket list to make.