View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 07:00 PM
D.Henson

I have been retired for almost a year. I love it and keep as busy as I want to be. I ususally sew 4 or 5 times a week. Check out the Virtural Quilting Weekends on this site. I’ve participated in a few VQW and that really sets out large blocks of time to sew. Great for finishing UFOs. I sew many donation quilts and help run our local chapter of Quilts for Kids. I also recently joined 2 quilting groups that meet at our LQS to “sit and sew”. I have met many new people. I do try and keep my sewing room clean and organized. On days I don’t sew, I may “play in my sewing room” a bit. I use my stash and I am not board with it. I do buy fabric as needed. I do not have may magazines, but enjoy the MSQC Block subscription. In retirement, I do sew often and my husband wonders if I will ever get tired of sewing. I really don’t think I ever will. I have so many “bucket list” projects I want to do!!

Retirement is great! You will love it. I have been to 1 sewing retreat and hope to go to many more. Have a blast!!