View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Innov8R

My first machine was a treadle then on to Sears, Wards and Singer. In 1970, I took the plunge and bought an Elna Super with every cam available. I loved that machine and used it for upholstery, dressmaking, and just about anything else conceivable. In 2000, everything changed. I had health issues that nearly claimed my life. I re-evaluated what might be a very short life span. I decided to buy a new machine. I selected a Janome 9500 and expanded my ideas about what a machine could and should do. In 2016, I bought a Juki 2010 for my quilting. Last January, I purchased the Janome 14000. My 9500 still works well, but I wanted even more as I am now retired and spend my days sewing. I have not regretted it. I shopped for a bargain and paid quite a lot less than the $10,000 MSRP. I feel good about the possibilities at my fingertips. I get up every day looking forward to going to my studio to create something special. I have outlived all medical expectations and I believe that staying busy and happy is part of that success. From that perspective, these machines may be the best investment I have ever made.