View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 08:43 PM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
The church group is giving away such large pieces of fabric? ? ? ? Our church group takes this in and uses it. They use everything and anything. Some very large pieces of knit are used for backings. Little pieces of anything are sewn together to make the tops.
yes!! i called my mommy in law and told her what i had found after quick sort thru looking for cw/1800's repro favs for project i'm starting now. she said it came from the husband of diseased quilter. the church group went thru, grabed yardage and passed the boxes of "scraps" to her for me. there were very few real scraps ..mostly fat quarters, wof 1/2, 1/4 yrd cuts & some wof cuts up to 4 yards in length. beautiful fabric. some older, some not ..a package from keepsake quilting of quilters quarters by designers like jo morton, all 1800's repros. another packet from connecting threads labeled 'soldier blues' ..gorgeous fabrics, much of it will be making appearance in quilt i am recreating from photo of quilt circa 1825-50 that i found in a book of historic american quilts. i repacked into boxes and it will be gone thru more carefully after christmas. my spare bedroom doesn't have overhead light & only one window ..so wait for sunny days to better see color and prints and will sort thru ..keep some sorted into stripes, paisleys, certain color combos, dots, batiks etc. then some will go to friend who does charity quilts for Caring Hands group & linus. some for grand treasures.