View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Quilter 65

Default Her First Custom Machine Quilting

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585479[/ATTACH]I designed the quilt format. I had the bright idea to mark the scallops before sending to the custom quilter that I had chosen. Problem is I had did them wrong. There were pencil marks which I intended to cut off but they were in the wrong place. So I washed it and in re-marking I discovered part of the marks had not washed out. I didn't want to waste time and money to have someone do it when the marks hadn't come out. So it went into the UFO pile. Then a guild friend got a longarm and she intends to do custom quilting eventually. I said I have one to practice on if you are interested. She said, "What if I ruin it?" Replied, "I already have." So ta-da, this is her first work. It is computer assisted and she did some FMQ on it. It is not wonky which my table toppers are that I did myself. So that is a definite plus. This was my first time at using Eleanor's scallop tool which works when you read all of the instructions and don't forget a step between the instructions and the marking. Those v's are monsters though. Here are some more pictures of her work. [ATTACH=CONFIG]585486[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]585487[/ATTACH] I think she chose good designs for the blocks size, etc. Now, I have to figure out a way to get the remnants of the pencil markings out because I think it turned out beautifully. I used S&W method to create these stars. The center one is 24" across and the rest are 8".
Attached Thumbnails img_1508.jpg   img_1516.jpg   img_1510.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-16-2017 at 02:28 PM.