Old 12-17-2017, 10:24 AM
charley26

No, I do not buy bleach. I do buy a septic tank friendly toilet cleaner that I use once weekly. Neither do I buy 'antibacterial' cleaners. The worktops are cleaned with soapy hot water; I put washing soda powder in the kitchen sink drain occasionally - perhaps monthly; windows are cleaned with water, a squeeze of lemon juice or vinegar and a microfibre cloth; hard floor covering in the kitchen and bathroom is cleaned with hot water, lemon juice and a microfibre cloth; sitting room, dining room and bedroom carpets are vacuumed and a carpet shampoo/deep clean machine hired once a year.
Baking soda and vinegar mix will clean the bathroom sink, bathtub and toilet bowl. Microfibre cloths are a godsend - water and the cloth is all that is needed

We sometimes have a programme on TV here, called 'Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners', and they all seem to be keeping the bleach companies in business - they use so much bleach, and every other cleaning product imaginable, and they still are not happy. The programme makes will send them to someone's house who does no cleaning - at all, it is amusing to watch sometimes