Old 12-26-2017, 10:34 AM
slbram17

Originally Posted by meyert View Post
I have been making quilts - its my thang Now my niece has started sewing as well. Which I enjoy sewing with her and my great nieces.

Now here I am with a great nephew on the way any day and wondering if I should cool off the quilts. Do you guys worry about someone getting too many? My sister actually told me "you better make him a quilt" ha ha

My niece has already made this little fella a quilt. I worked with my great nieces and made one for the shower... then at the shower a friend gave her one as well.

I like giving my great nieces and great nephews quilts - but I don't want to take anything away from niece when she gives them one.

Am I being silly?

part of me also doesn't want to spend the $$ if the quilt will just be one of many and not used. I could give them something else with the money

any thoughts?
I used to gift quilts to basically the same few people. Then I started thinking about the space required for storage and that they only rotate their bedding every so often. I was gifting them because I loved making them, not because they needed them or could even use them. So for the past few years, I have not gifted any more quilts. I did make one for the animal shelter's fund raiser event but nowadays, I do not have time to do much quilting. I have one in progress but have not put any real time in it.