View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 06:33 PM
quiltingcandy

Congratulations of getting your purging done. But I hate to inform you the re-organization is never ending. When I took over the room as my sewing room 11 years ago, I carefully decided where to put my machines, what was going in the closet and the storage. It didn't take too long before I didn't like the arrangement and moved things around. And as time went along it was time to purge those pesky scraps (they multiply like crazy in the dark and in the light). Magazines piled up because there was always a pattern I wanted to save - finally pulled out the patterns, put them in plastic sleeves and in a large binder and the magazines were sent to the recycler. Some books have gone to other homes, scraps have been sent to other quilters - i have even sent large pieces of fabric that no longer were attractive to me. Reading what other quilters and embroiders use in their rooms help me make upgrades to my room.

Since I got my embroidery/sewing machine my sewing room has undergone at least 3 more transformations. And ya know what - I love it. It's fun to go in there and play with all the stuff. Next week I plan to go thru a lot of my fabrics and get rid of a lot of fabric that doesn't seem to fit me projects anymore.