Old 12-31-2017, 05:28 AM
nlgh

Originally Posted by Moonglow View Post
I start my Christmas decorating anytime after 1st December and take everything down by 6th January. I find that as I get older I don't do a much as I used to, but I still like to have a few decorations around so it feels like Christmas.
Growing up, we decorated the weekend after Thanksgiving. and they came down New Year's before we kids went back to school. That pattern stayed with me through marriage, until I started taking care of my mother in l997 or 1998. She lived until she was 97, 9 months in 2005. Four months later, my husband died. After that, I had no time to put up anything. Besides, my house had become stuffed full of inherited things and had no room. Five years later, I moved to Iowa and what I have now, I bought. My Texas & Oklahoma Christmas items, tree included, are still in storage.

I have a friend here who is known as the Purple Lady. She loves purple and wears purple, almost exclusively. It is predominately another color, it has purple on it somewhere. She also has purple 3 Christmas trees which are decorated and stay up year round. She has a couple miniature trees, too.

I think that if I get to put up a tree again (I'm 80 now) I will take a page out of her book and leave it up. Right now, I have a miniature decorated tree I bought from my florist friend before moving to Iowa and it stays up, just not in a prominent or permanent place.