View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 03:08 PM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by huskerred View Post
We bought a Kingston 1621 at a garage sale. It was made in Japan. I am wondering if you received a instruction manual if you bought the machine in the picture. If you have a manual I would be happy to buy a copy, and pay postage to receive one. Having problems threading the machine.
bkay that is huskerred's post, she also posted a picture at Kingston heavy duty sewing machine

huskerred, It isn't the exact machine, but if you download http://www.singerco.com/uploads/down...hite-231-x.pdf it is very similar to your machine. The guides are shaped a little different and the bobbin case might be a little different as well. I'm thinking that it is close enough to get you started on getting this Kingston back into service. I think that the center of the stitch length dial is the button to push to get the machine to reverse stitches rather than a separate button like in the manual that I gave a link to. Another difference would be the knobs for stitch width are both on the same level rather than one for left edge and one for right edge.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.