View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 06:31 PM
letawellman

Thanks everyone for the comments on my finish. Rob, I especially feel warmed by your comments, as I really admire your "art quilts". For some reason, it seemed to "calm down" a little once I quilted it, then washed it. And yes, the optical illusion part is why there are "leftovers" from that UFO. A FB quilting friend has asked for the leftovers, and I will be glad to not be looking at them (and feeling somewhat guilty) anymore!!

Q-Momma, I LOVE your fabric boxes!! Is there a pattern for these? I think my daughter would love some of these in different sizes (she's the organizer in this family... I seem to have been skipped over for that gene!)

QuiltMouse, I love the hexie baby quilt too. And you have my admiration for the crumb quilt - definitely beyond my attention-span capabilities!! Those tiny little pieces would eventually get on my nerves. Great work!!

Teen, I just used some of those "printer fabric sheets" for a memory quilt. I bought the EQ brand. I have NOT wet/washed them yet... actually, I'm petrified of doing so. A friend of mine has a printing (t-shirts, polo shirts, etc) business - I may check with him to see if he can recommend something to permanently "set" the ink. I'll let you know how that goes.