View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 12:42 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Some great ideas here! I was going to order the blue Clover flower heads but thought about how I like to use a hot iron and became concerned about melting the heads. I have been pinning post-its to the blocks with glass head pins, but they can get in the way when ironing, can come loose, and on occasion have stuck me. I use blue painter's tape all the time as my thread catcher, so I decided to test it out on a scrap of fabric by using my very hot iron on it for quite awhile. It peeled off fine with no residue! So I think that is what I am going to use. Will tear off pieces and mark them with a Sharpie. When I am finished, I might try storing them on the shiny side of freezer paper to see if they will "stick around" for awhile () so I don't have to re-make them for every quilt. Thanks, everyone, for the great ideas!

Tartan, I like your idea the best but I found out the hard way I cannot keep my design wall in my sewing room. We have 5 cats, all of whom seem to consider it a fantastic cat toy. I had cats trying to climb to the top of it, cats working vigorously at shredding the batting on it, and cats sharpening their claws on it. I ended up storing it in another room which always has the door closed to keep cats out. (sigh)

Last edited by Prism99; 01-31-2018 at 12:47 PM.