View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 06:32 PM
Trudii

Default Displaying Antique Quilt

My dad inherited a quilt top, we're guessing it was from the 30's, that no one had ever gotten around to quilting. The top is ~68"x85" give or take, with squares less than an inch in size. As a surprise, my dad and I found a place online and had it hand quilted, as a gift for my mom. Long story short, my mom instead gave it to me. I've had it in an archival box for the past ~6 or so years, but I hate that it is hiding away.

I know the best way to display a quilt is to put it on a bed. But I have cats and one of my cats in particular is a real jerk. The quilt has made it about 90 years at this point, my destructive and vengeful little female should not be the end of it.

I have a large wall in a room where I can also control the light, but I'm not sure what method is safest to display on a wall. And the more I read the more confused I am. I've seen compression holders, tube on the back, and fold over a rod as the top contenders.

I'm an only child and no one is around to inherit it from me, so I want to enjoy it rather than hiding it away... Any suggestions?