View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 10:19 AM
Rose_P

Thanks, all, for the nice words about the D4P!

I'm on a roll. This morning I finally dug out and finished a little table mat I started a very long time ago. I don't even know when, but possibly 7 years or more. I didn't like it, but I had gotten as far as hand stitching 1/4 of the way around the binding on this 20" project before I quit. Today when I sat down determined to get it finished, I figured out that the main problem was it was impossible to see what I was doing. I had to wear mag-eyes to do it even now with good eyesight, and back then I had cataracts. I made the binding out of the same fabric as the back, instead of bringing it over, so I could have used something I could see, but didn't. It was just a little piece for practicing fmq, and it has a lot wrong with it. The real question now is why did I even bother to finish it? Maybe the cats would like it for their cat bed. At least it's square, but doesn't look it in the picture because the camera was tilted. And the lavender floral border is properly mitered, but you'll have to take my word for that because it doesn't show up at all.
Attached Thumbnails table_mat_1.jpg