View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 07:22 AM
yolajean

Originally Posted by yolajean View Post
I think it would be a great "fussy cut" square pattern with all those beautiful colors to put with it. Here is one that I am doing with a finished 6" block. It could be done with larger blocks and would be beautiful.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]588336[/ATTACH]
Aurora! You asked for the name of this quilt pattern and I do not know the name. However, if you look closely, you will see that it is a variation of the Log Cabin block with the large 6" square as the base and then strips are added to it. Then the blocks are rotated to make this pattern.

I cut my squares at 6 1/2 inches and then used the white as shown on this example. Cut the strips at 2" except for the outside 2, which I cut at 2 1/8 to give me room for squaring up the block before sewing them together. The squares are from strips cut at 2" and sewn together.

I made a tube by sewing 28 strips together and then sewing the 1st and last strips together making the tube. I then cut the tube apart at different patterns to give my strips some variation. My blocks will end up at 10 1/4 inches. After sewing the blocks together, I am going to add a white border as shown on the pictured quilt, which allows the blocks to appear as if they are floating. Here are some photos of my blocks (in the making). The first photo is the "tube" (around my iron to hold them up.), the second is the strip piece laying flat ready to cut into 2" strips (two layers) and the last is my quilt blocks on my design board.

I hope this helps you. Yolanda

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588366[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]588367[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]588368[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails circle.jpg   strips.jpg   quilt.jpg