View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 11:41 AM
givio

I like participating in swaps, so I'll make a reply about the 'star swap' idea. I like a swap that involves sets of 6 or more blocks using the same pattern and fabric. If I sew blocks that are 'all-different,' just to swap them for someone else's 'all-different' blocks, then it seems like I might as well save the postage and use my own blocks in the first place. That's what I chose to do for this swap...

Some of you were wondering about using sashing or not with your Churn Dash blocks. Here's how that looked for my initial blocks with the WOW. My sashing was cut at 1 1/2", the setting triangles used a wide stripe sewn to a WOW triangle, the inner border was cut 2 1/2", the outer border was cut at 4". It made a good sized twin top.

When cutting the stripe for the setting triangles, I was left with the reverse piece from the stripe, so I decided to make the quilt again using the same setting triangle technique. I've got that top sew as far as rows. For it, I've used a blue background instead of white, so it's quite different looking! Then, enjoying the Churn Dash pattern so much, I made a baby quilt for my new grandson, who was born at Christmas time. Just love this pattern now! :-)
Attached Thumbnails julies-churn-dash-quilt-top.jpg   baby-quilt-preston.jpg