View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 06:11 PM
Jeanette Frantz

Thank you all for your wonderful comments! This quilt is made, mostly from images downloaded from the internet, partly from memory of a quilt I made for my great-niece about 16 years ago, and partly from the fabrics left over from that same quilt, certainly the varigated eyelet lace I've not seen in about 15 years! lol! The puppies and the butterflies, I confess, were purchased. The kites were made from an owl print fabric, fussy cut to get the different colors which matched the dresses and/or hats. The string, of course, was hand-embroidered. I do have the images stored on my computer -- oh, the blocks, finished size - 10" square. The sashings, I think were 1-1/2" finished, and the border was about 4" finished. I did not use a commercially-available pattern. Everything was either downloaded from the internet, or from my memory. The applique is applied (initially) using Heat 'N Bond Lite, then buttonhole stitched on the machine. While it's a lot of fun, toward the end, it begins to get tedious. Of course, this quilt was about 45" X 60" (at least that big) so they're a lot of blocks. And, I reversed the images so that all the Sues were facing the center! Thank you all again for your comments!