View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 07:43 AM
klswift

I had a UPS-like store for 29 years (an independent shop) and I still have on online store. I NEVER send anything weighing more than a couple pounds or valued at more than $40 thru the mail. It is not that they do not deliver a tremendous number of packages and letters, it is because if there is a problem, you do not get the responses you need or want. Folks think that UPS and Fed-X are so much more expensive - not so. What you are paying is the higher fees charged by the location you are going to. Go online, print your own label and pay online. Then you simply drop it off at any location FOR FREE. I often just hand my packages to the driver as he delivers other stuff. This also allows for exact day delivery info so you can alert the receiver as to when it will get there and they can make arrangements to be home. At this time of year, weather can be a concern, but delivery in bad weather is only rarely affected with UPS and Fed-X. And, you can use ANY box with them as long as it has a legible label - so use that priority mail box to ship with UPS or Fed-X! Also, with any carrier, lay a plastic bag inside the bottom to stop moisture and put a label inside the box just in case.