View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 08:52 AM
melodyr

Originally Posted by Gottfried View Post
Thank you so much!!! I am overwhelmed with information.
@Garden Gnome: thank you, I never thought that there is a quilting town anywhere in USA - I take a look at the internet. But Missouri is far away from LA.
@lfty298: I have the feeling that at shoes there are too many people to and the lectures are complicated for my wife, she is far from perfect in English (and my English is poor too). But anyway - thank you for the hints to textile museums.
Don't worry about the language barrier for the quilt shows. We have thousands of international visitors every year and it isn't unusual to hear 3 or 4 different languages at a time as you walk around. In fact, there are hundreds of Japanese quilters who attend with only a handful of English words. We are geared to help our non-English speakers in every way possible. The show is quite overwhelming in its scope and all that goes on, but believe me, it is a fantastic experience. Many people come for the first time when the show is not going on to get the feel of everything and then return at a later date for the show. The Fall show in September is new and the crowds weren't as big. It had many vendors and many quilts, so that might be an option.