View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 05:02 PM
ladyinpurple135

I live about 50 miles from Mary Jo’s in Gastonia, NC and quite a few of Quilters in the area have decided not to go back. It’s nit like it was when Mary Jo was alive and always in the store. A lot of the quilting fabrics are just plain gone - went there with a friend a couple weeks ago and it looked like they were clearing out quilt fabrics - I was so depressed. There is still quilt fabrics but nothing near the quantity they had years ago. And the prices have gone up a lot. I know fabric prices are always rising but MJ was always more reasonable than anywhere else - prices now are getting close to regular quilt stores. Some fabric lines have been phased out completely. Not to be a debbie downer, they still have nice fabrics - just not the quantity any longer. I might stop by if I’m in the area - maybe not. I’ve found better deals at bigger quilt shows many times and a much better choice of what I need/want. Go ahead and stop in if your near Gastonia but I would make a special trip just to go there.

I havent been to Keepsake in NH in quite a few years but I’m dying to get back. The place just blew my mind. Terrific shop. The number of bolts isn’t important to me but the type, style if fabrics I want is. There are some fabulous shops in Lancaster County, PA and around in a few other counties.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC