Old 02-20-2018, 12:04 PM
charmednmissouri

audsgirl , I do not have a longarm, just my domestic machine. Every quilt I have quilted has been on it. I started quilting almost 3 years ago, and have been trying to teach myself, along with a few online courses, how to do just that. Even though they are large quilts, I just don't give up until they are quilted. I retire in 2 years, and have considered purchasing a sit-down midarm machine, but probably won't. That is money I can use for all that beautiful fabric I want, LOL! I will admit, sometimes my early quilts could have been better, but from the start, I knew I had to practice, practice, practice, as they say. But I tried on plain, unquilted fabric and was bored silly. So I prefer to practice on a real quilt. En Provence and ORL are the two quilts I have put back until this summer to quilt, as I really didn't think my ability to quilt EN Provence was strong enough. But I have quilted another 6 quilts since I made En Provence, and I think I can do it. So this summer, I will attempt it, along with ORL. I actually love the quilting part as much as the piecing part of this wonderful hobby I have stumbled upon!