Old 02-21-2018, 08:26 AM
charmednmissouri

I have an awesome little Janome I purchased brand new last summer, after the one my aunt had for 25 years and gave to me, bit the dust. I also have an older Singer 237 in great shape and very powerful. I didn't think you could quilt with it since you couldn't drop the feed dogs, but have since learned that I CAN FMQ on it and have. My Janome too has a small throat space, but I have a LARGE teacher's desk I purchased at a school auction (it's 3 feet deep and 5 feet long) and with a 2x3 foot table on my left side, and an EZ adjustable sewing extension fitted for my machine, it works pretty well. JeanieG, I have tried that method a time or two, but wasn't liking the result on the back, so I got stubborn and determined I would figure out how to quilt the whole thing. But I admit, I am scared to quilt my BH MQ's, as there are soooo many pieces to it, and I think I will have to plan the quilting for those a little more carefully. I have an offer to purchase ORL from a family member, but am not sure I want to sell it (although it would be the first time I have sold a quilt). I REALLY like it, I must say. Decisions, decisions!

Last edited by charmednmissouri; 02-21-2018 at 08:30 AM.