Thread: "Weigh In"
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 02:00 PM
trupeach
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Originally Posted by trupeach
For those who have trouble with mobility the easiest exercise is pilates and worth the investment for resistant cords, they cost about $8 at AMAZON. Pilates was invented by a doctor during World War 2. It was made up of ropes and pullies so that the injured soldiers could get excercise while in bed. I am disabled and would kill mysef if I tried to exercise, I also have no balance system so walking/running is out of the question. With pilates you could sit in a chair or even lay in bed. Now that I have started my diet I will do pilates. I have a brass bed so it is easy to set up. I have 1 resistance cord wrapped around the headboard and 1 around the footboard. I am able to work both my upper and lower body. I also use a 3lb weighted ball sit on the floor and roll it between my legs as far as I could bend foreward and then roll it back. A person doesn't have to be in tip top shape to be able to exercise and things get easier with time. The one amazing thing about pilates is you see results in about 2 weeks, you will look more toned even if you are still heavy. The best of the best is.............. you don't sweat when doing them. That is the best part as I HATE sweating.

Everyone should have a cheat day it boasts your metabolism and helps you loss more weight, if you diet everyday your body goes into starvation mode and you stop lossing weight as you body will start to store fat. So have a cheat day it's good for you. ;-) ;-)
Great idea! I'm with you; I don't like to sweat either! I also have disc problems and other health issues. It is good to know that we have options. Have a great day.

Someone once told me they don't like to exercise because they don't like to sweat and if they wanted to sweat they would wrap themself up in an electric blanket. It was my feeling exactly. :lol: :lol: :lol: