View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 04:53 AM
Kassaundra

I don't mind "waste" if there is a purpose to it, if it can't be done accurately w/o it. But the videos showed (to my mind) waste just b/c. Waste is a big issue w/ Boom blocks but also I do a lot of fussy cutting in all my blocks, the over cutting and trimming is not for me. I do like the idea of the base blocks or separate ones for precise cutting, I didn't see those I'll have to go back and look. Her website I found confusing, it is designed for people who know what they want, not so much for people trying to figure out what they want. lol
Originally Posted by Bluelady View Post
When making the triangle units with two fabrics, there is a bit of waste.. however, now they actually have "base unit" templates that gives much more accurate cutting with less waste. But Margaret Miller, who made the original templates, firmly believed that one should use 100 different fabrics in each quilt so if she ran out of one fabric, she always had a dozen more similar it to pick from. So she was not so worried about waste as she was fascinated with the blocks and the process and the finished projects. Her classes were a riot of color and fabric and fun!
I haven't gotten the Base templates though. Happy with the ones I have. Very happy!
If you ever get a chance to take a class from her, do it!!