Thread: "Weigh In"
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 07:53 AM
laparshall

Boy I missed one day, and everyone has sure posted a lot of great information, weight losses, ideas for working out, and rewarding ourselves.
I think it would be fun if we came up with a reward for ourself. In WWs it is a Bravo, and believe me, sometimes I ask for one just for showing up at the meeting. Then stars for certain goals. I got a gold charm of clapping hands for 16 weeks in WW, and I was very proud when the leader presented it to me.

I agree that we do need to reward ourselves. We have all be working very hard for several weeks now. I think it is about time to reward ourselves.

So I proposed that we each set a goal for ourselves. It can be anything you want, set even more than one goal if you'd like.
Short term weight loss goal, exercising 3 times a week, maybe an attitude adjustment, making better food choices (like not ordering Taco Bell), drinking more water. Then choose a reward. Maybe a fat quarter, a star on the calendar, a new top, a tattoo (that is what DH got for his losses), a new CD, or workout video or weights to work out with, the pilates restraint cords. Whatever you feel you can afford, need, or deserve, something that will motivate you.
It would be fun to hear about your goals, when you reach them and how you rewarded yourself. We spend so much time beating ourselves up for not being good enough, having a bad day, lots of other negative thoughts, so let's to something positive. Any takers? What goals would you set? How would you reward yourself?