View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 06:49 PM
KiK

Default New Guy...Spankin' New

Brand new old guy here. Seems every time I made a Google inquiry about my newest obsession, the QuiltingBoard came up with lots of good info. So being the smart gent I am, I signed up!

New to sewing here, I must confess. I was way too busy with my previous 45 year career to do much anything else. Retired now and suddenly I have oodles of time to fill. Mine is a strange path to vintage sewing machines and sewing. First started out with a desire to learn some hand-stitching techniques for an old car project and motorcycle seats, etc. Then I was on to hunting for a machine to help out with other panels. First machine and it was all over!

I currently have 4 sitting in my office in various states of undress and ,at the moment, 2 more on the way. I keep telling myself "Let's stop and finish what we got first" (I talk to myself a lot since retiring) but every time there's another popping up that just absolutely looks like it needs to come live with me.

I have discovered how satisfying it is to take an old, tired machine and bring it back to life. And the real beauty of it is that they still work fine and probably as well as the day they were born.

My first post here...I better stop. I could go on but I'll just sit here and talk to myself for a while as I peruse the QB's great info.