View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 07:12 PM
Grannies G

Originally Posted by mac View Post
Yep, I am glad that I turned in my front load washing machine for a top loader. Unfortunately, when my front loader machine kicked the bucket, I didn't have enough money to buy the machine I wanted. I figured I would go for a really simple, inexpensive machine. I thought less could go wrong with a simpler, no extra bells and whistles on the machine, I was a little too hasty and didn't give it enough thought. My machine does not let you soak your clothes at all. It automatically locks the lid and starts washing. If the lid is open when the machine is finished filling with water and you don't close the lid within 10 or so minutes, the machine automatically drains the water. I guess there is a difference between inexpensive and cheap. My machine is cheap.

Try this to see if it lets you soak your fabric. Get a small magnet and place it over where the lid closes. Experiment as to position. My DH likes to leave our lid open too and this was his solution. The magnet needs to be over the switch location.