Old 04-21-2018, 06:14 AM
Dina

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
Update! Doing a happy dance! After trying the q-tip with blue Dawn, then q-tip with Spray & Wash and soaking while I went out for pizza, I came home and found that some of the green had basically disappeared. Of course I wasn't able to remember which I'd used on that spot! So I got out more q-tips and mixed the Dawn & Spray & Wash together and applied to the marks, soaked again for about 2 hrs. Only problem was I went ahead and let the washer spin, so since no binding on it, the extra batting around the edges after quilting was in tatters.

Called the customer this morning and explained the problem that had occurred and that was fine now but that I definitely had "washed" the quilt and would not be charging (its was crib quilt so not a huge loss & my reputation more important). she was very ok with it (I've done many crib quilts for her) and actually was glad that I had washed it and no bleeding of the red! since I'd never had this happen before, I asked her if she had starched it and she said yes--so lesson learned--not to use Crayola UltraClean with starched fabric! (or maybe at all!!)

What good news!!! Thanks for letting us know.

Dina