Thread: Stitch length
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 03:41 AM
marcycn

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA
Default Stitch length

I have a Singer quilting machine that I bought a few years ago. I never could get the stitches to change size until recently and quite by accident. For whatever reason it started stitching at the length I selected instead of the real tiny stitches it had always done. I would have to play with the length and the placement of the needle every time I sat down but that was OK since I could get the length I wanted.

So yesterday I tried stitching in the ditch, something that hasn't been possible because the length was so small it looked terrible on the back.... all puckered. I got my walking foot out, changed the stitch and needle placement and started to sew. Grrr...... I'm back to getting the small - read tiny - stitches again. I've done everything I can think of. So now I have to pull the stitches out (that's going to be a lengthy pain) and tie the quilt I guess.

Should I try a plain foot? What am I doing wrong? I'm using 80/20 batting so the sandwich isn't very thick.

Help!! :-)