Old 05-06-2018, 02:55 PM
retiredteacher09

This is a very good thought provoking question. I know that some things like my late husband's favorite Hawaiian shirts will stay in my closet. However, why am I still holding onto his old stained and well-worn work jeans and jean shorts? The reason is simple: I plan to make something out of them for his siblings and our sons. It's been 8 years and every once in a while I will go through the tub hiding in my closet. My niece wanted some of his shirts to make pillows for my youngest son's wedding 2 years ago but I think they are packed away somewhere in her home now. LOL! I am going through a stage of 'getting rid' of things now so that tub may be cleaned out soon.

On the other hand, I know that all of the boxes of pictures, paperwork, memories from the 4 of us, etc is keeping me from feeling totally free because I know it should be done, but no interest in doing it. (I hope that makes sense.)

I just went through some quilting books, magazines, and patterns and will be donating them to our church garage sale. Baby steps.

The quilt that I made in high school (late 60's) is in need of repair in places but it just rides now in my car in case of an emergency. It only has significance to me,