View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 06:33 AM
NoraB

Holey Moley.....I've always thought I was organized and tidy, especially when it comes to sewing and quilting. I just took a look at my sewing room and it looks like a tornado hit it and added some things I didn't realize I had! I'm in the middle of sewing a quilt top.....but, I'm finding I have to move things from one side of the cutting table to the other side just to get things trimmed. So.........everyone......what's on your cutting table right now? I'm trying to figure out if I have too much stuff on the surface right now and what "should" I have on there. I continually encroach on my cutting table surface and now realize it's not working with all the stuff on it.

Here's what is on it right now (which is way too much). Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

The table is 60" long by 40" wide.

In the corner (where it L's to my sewing table) is the little television on a lazy-susan.

Cutting mats cover the complete surface of the table.

A little pink organizer thing on a stand that holds my reading glasses, paper-cutting scissors, small magnifying glass and miscellaneous things in the main compartment.

A metal heart-shaped basket that holds small batting pieces for wiping up machine oil, a bottle of Synthropol, small bottle of hand lotion and the 2 tv remotes.

One circle pin cushion that my mother made.

A wool pin cushion that was my mother's.

At the back of the table - small basket with fake flowers in it (yup you guessed it......was my mother's).

A wooden box made of old yardsticks (my father-in-laws) that holds miscellaneous strips of fabric that I've categorized into little containers by size.

A circle paperweight, a marble paperweight.

The rotary cutter holder (green thing from Nancy's notions) - holds 45 and 60 rotary cutters, Klutz glove and has a hold for a pencil.

Whatever rulers I have out for cutting the specific piece I'm working on.

That's it.....the rulers are on my sewing table in the "L".

There are little shelves on both sides of the cutting table and they have what I use daily.....marking pencils, paper for doing my "math", machine oil, bobbins, etc. (Those shelves are pretty well used and organized).

I just need help on the surface of the cutting table. What's on top of your cutting table? I need suggestions, guidance and inspiration. Thanks!