View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 12:16 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cheshirepat View Post
Gorgeous quilting!

Maybe it's pushing the borders (pun intended) of what a LAQ should say, but I'd be tempted to 'warn' the customer about issues you had with that combo. Maybe they will think it's all good and do it again? Also, would it not be fair to you to charge accordingly if it took an extra-long time? (I know that traditionally it's done by the square inch...but) I'm just curious how these things are generally handled.
when she picked up the quilt I did let her know how long it took, how difficult it was and again let her know I do have batting available. She is a very sweet elderly woman ( mid 80’s) . I told her the price ( my normal price- I didn’t feel it was really her fault) she said it was So worth it! And, added a $5 tip. I’m fine with that, would have been fine without the extra $5. I thought it was very sweet of her to add that. She only brings me 1 or 2 quilts a year. I hadn’t had that batting before so now I know and next time I will simply swap it out for batting I have if anyone brings that to me.