View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 07:19 PM
GramE

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
Kass, that quilt is beautiful!

love the martini fabric D. Henson!

What size would be ideal for companion fabric(s)? I’m starting on getting my bags together and have plenty of corrdinating fabric to work with.

Ive been on a bit of an emotional roller coaster here... right before I signed up I had made the block of the month barn block from my sew sampler box and thought it turned out pretty good and I thought I was right on the 12 1/2 mark. Quite a confidence builder. Well... I remeasured and that darn thing is 12 1/4. *gulp*. All my confidence went right out the window. I was planning to do as someone suggested here and make each block out of my own fabric first to make sure I can do it. Simple blocks are acceptable right?

Im also wondering how much of a difference a scant vs regular 1/4 inch seam makes? I use my piecing foot already but was going to try moving the needle over 1 (once I figure out how to do it) and see if that helps.

Once you figure out the quarter inch, put a piece of painter’s tape from your foot all the way to the front of the machine. No need to eyeball it then. And be careful, my machine moves my needle back when I turn it of! Off by an eighth of an inch in 3-4 seams is a 1/2 in, or a quarter inch at least. You’ll get the hang of it.

Great Quilt, Kass. Looks woven.

Last edited by GramE; 05-25-2018 at 07:21 PM. Reason: I forget what I want to say!