Old 05-29-2018, 02:18 PM
rryder

Sew biz- I really like that you have the accent fabric around the borders and then the "chess board" in the center-- for some reason I've been humming "Go Ask Alice" ever since you posted that LOL!

Artsyone- That's looking good, esp. with the smaller scale elements-- can't wait to see it all together.

Quilt mouse- I love it! Those bright colors against the black speak to me and the wonky woven effect is very cool!

Frustrated- that would be my moniker if I tried something with that many small elements-- that's going to be a special quilt when you get it done.

I got a little more done on a 3 way collaborative art quilt, DH designed the fabric squares (they are small samples of larger fabrics he designed and had Spoonflower print, our friend painted the circular element that has the small circles inside it- he calls them bubbles. I appliquéd those pieces onto the black fabric, sandwiched and have been quilting it. Still has quite a ways to go before it feels like the individual elements are tied together, but it's been fun to do. It's about 36" x 50" and all the quilting has been done on my Sweet Sixteen.
here's a peek:
Attached Thumbnails img_2060.jpg