View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 11:08 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

My DGM told me 'Grow old grace-fully'. Never met Grace. But my DGM was five foot two and weighted 250 pounds and lived in right mind and own house until her death at 83 years old. And had a six foot five funny bone. "never cry", laugh and everyone will love you...she lived and love life to its fullest. Hope I can say the same about my life.

Before my DGf died, he went to the local men's store to buy her a pair of Overalls. He ask for their shortest pair, and widest pair that they had and gave them to her as a Christmas present. She tried them on, had to double up the pants legs to above her knees...guess they did not listen to his description of five foot high and five foot wide. So many good stories to recite yet today. Yep, DGM was right, "Grow old gracefully" and enjoy everyday we have. I had a good teacher on enjoying every minute of every day. Counting my blessings daily.

Love being a retired senior and children all grown and out on their own. Love our grandchild and thankful we can spoil him and send him home with his parents. Now is my time to cook, sew or read as I want to. Love making a mess in my sewing room and make it look like I am busy, busy, busy. LOL!