Thread: Boom 21 - Dunes
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 02:20 PM
PamelaOry

Originally Posted by WANNABEE View Post
The spruce crafts has a 12 1/2 dresden block

Thank you! I will check it out.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I'm not one of the resident Dresden experts here, but what I have is a template that I got at JoAnn's. You cut whatever length blades you need and then sew the ends to make a point. Then sew the long edges together and applique it down on your 12.5" background. Last of all, you cut a circle to applique down over the raw inside edges. Dresdens are applique.
i saw one tutorial where they sewed the center to a circle of wonder under or something of the sort, and flipped it to create a finished edge center circle. I’m excited to try to make one of these. Thank you!

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
I haven't used this particular pattern myself, but there's one on Quilter's Cache: http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DresdenPlateBlock.html

For 20-blade Dresdens, I use the "Easy Dresden" ruler by Darlene Zimmerman. It comes with complete instructions, and a chart showing the size the wedges need to be in order to make a block the size you want. The ruler was only about $7, so it's a good value for the money.

For 10-blade Dresdens, I use the "36-Degree Double Wide Dresden" ruler by Me and My Sister Designs. It has a pattern book (sold separately) which has lots of ideas and traceable/copy-able templates inside it.
thanks! I didn’t see the one on quilters cache. I’m finding a lot of useful stuff there but it’s a bit awkward for me to navigate. I’ll check it out .

I really love your dresdens btw, very inspiring! ��