View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 06:42 PM
happymomof5

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

I don't have a lot of time for quilting, which is why I haven't ventured into the world of beautiful quilt squares. I just use plain fabric cut into squares for now.

The first quilt I made was for my baby. He was late, and I had already made diapers and diaper covers and even a little pink hat (I was sure he was going to be a girl, lol) and I needed something to keep my mind off the fact that the baby wasn't here yet. So a couple days before he was born, I bought pastel flannel and made him a tiny little quilt. He was born at home (a planned homebirth, not emergency) and after he was cleaned up, I wrapped him in his little flannel blanket.

Since then my hands have been itching for more quilting, so I made my daughters some little quilts for their dollies, and I made another quilt for the baby, this time in blue. I love the planning and drafting and choosing fabric and watching it all come together ... you know what I mean. :)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, it is so nice to meet people with a shared interest. None of my friends or acquaintences are interested in sewing, and it's fun to share with others!