View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 11:20 AM
sewnclog

I purchased a used embroidery machine a few years ago; got a super deal on it only to discover what you did; it reeked of cigarette smoke. SO - I used a BUNCH of paper towels and got a bottle of spray Febreeze and wiped it down and wiped it down; everything - machine every part i could get to; the removable tray in and out and everything in it; cord and foot petal; power cord; the embroidery unit; even the book; a very thick book; I did NOT spray onto anything but sprayed the paper towels and wiped away; it took a LOT; I sprayed and wiped til no more yellow came off. I sprayed the paper towels lightly and wiped EACH side of every single page of the manual. They were not so wet that they stuck. I took the carrying case and emptied it. I DID spray into it and then set it out in my garage for about a week but in summer I'd have put it outside and let the sun and heat do it's job. It was stink free. I used it for many years before I upgraded to a Dream Machine. Good luck with what every you try. I hope it is successful.