View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 11:15 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post
I've done the FWS 1930 blocks and I've used Marti Mitchell templates, but never noticed that any pieces cut for FWS blocks would be the same size. There is a CD that comes with the book, and for a couple of the blocks I did paper piecing, but for most of the 80 blocks that I did, I printed out the templates and used the paper templates. I intended to make just one block, so I didn't need something sturdy. Some of the blocks had 40 and 50 pieces, and very small unusual pieces in a lot of them-- and there are only a few sizes of plastic MM temples in the set that I have, so it didn't occur to me to even check if any of the MM templates would be useful in the construction of the FWS blocks. Perhaps it would be worth checking for the Pony Club blocks, as they are bigger, finishing at 8" and don't seem to have as many pieces in them.
One of the stumbling blocks of the Pony Club blocks is although they are bigger many are not based on a 4 patch design, but a 9P. 8" doesn't divide by three very well. I have found that PPing them has been easier than regular piecing. IMHO.

I have started both quilts and need to get back to them.