Old 08-19-2018, 02:10 AM
profannie

HQ support is truly wonderful. Their technical service is friendly and helpful. When I had trouble with my 10 years old second hand bought machine and couldn't had it repaired locally (HQ dealer here being awful, as we both now!) they simply told me to ship the head to them. Within one week, I had my machine back, all checked, repaired and serviced. The HQ are lightweight enough to be shipped (that's not the case with bigger machine).
I do an average of 100 quilts per year for my Etsy shop. It's a part time business for me. I like it this way. I've drooling over larger set up/machine like Gammill, Innova, AQPS. But the availability is a main problem. You can't find any second hand machine in the area for sale, and the table/frame is quite hard to dismantle/move as they are often one large 10 or 12 feet piece. So you need to buy it new from a dealer who will come to install it in your home.
On the contrary, HQ are easy to move. You can buy a second hand machine anywhere and bring it back without any trouble.
For us in Eastern Canada, I've done the math and couldn't find a way to justify the extra cost of getting a larger commercial set up.
I think HQ machine are to big commercial set up what you Juki TL-2010 is to industrial sewing machine (I own a Juki TL-98Q): a lighter/home use version, but still work horse machine and great tool.

Last edited by profannie; 08-19-2018 at 02:12 AM.