Old 08-19-2018, 08:39 PM
quiltingcandy

I can't speak for Bernina - I love my Viking Designer Topaz. It was not learned overnight. It takes some trial and error with picking the right stabilizer with the fabric. I have the computer program 5D and I believe you will need something. But you need to determine that with what you want to do, and again I do not know the Bernina machines. So someone else will talk to that. And I buy a lot of thread - Sewing Machines Plus has some good prices for thread groups. If you have a sewing buddy it will be a lot of fun. I have a sewing buddy and we learned together on my machine, then she ended up buy the Brother PE770 because of the cost and she wanted to be able to buy Disney designs.

From what I found on the internet that is a fantastic price.

I can't say enough how much I love my embroidery machine. People are going to hate to see me coming soon with my dishtowels and embroidered napkins. And I have made quite a few quilts with embroidered blocks. I have done some baby onesies too. My daughter teaches 4th, 5th, and 6th graders (depending on the need that year) and for Christmas I embroider bookmarks for all the students and at Easter I make them each an egg holder with a plastic egg with candy in it. The kids love them and I love to make them.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 08-19-2018 at 08:44 PM.