Old 09-02-2018, 08:47 AM
Passthepasta

Put me enthusiastically in the Innova column. I originally bought a HQ Simply 16 and while I liked that machine, my first choice was always an Innova and I eventually got one. I first tried an Innova at a quilt show and loved the way it moved and stitched (both perfect) but since I was not going to quilt for clients and was trying to save money, I purchased the HQ Simply 16 instead. And it is a good machine. My biggest problem was with the rails - they are not continuous. They come in smaller sections that fit together with a continuous rubber cover over the entire rail that the carriage wheels ride upon. Unfortunately every place where the rails connected under the rubber, my carriage would jump a little bit causing my stitches to bobble. It wasn't such a big deal, but just aggravating enough to justify buying the Innova, which I should have done in the first place. I ended up finding a used one on the longarm university website and it has been the perfect longarm for me. So my advice is buy a used Innova if you can find one. If you have time to wait, keep looking online and eventually you'll find one available near you. Then pounce!