Old 09-27-2018, 01:05 PM
Murphy224

Hi "farmers"!!! Is anybody doing quilt as you go with these blocks? I finished the little pig and just appliqued it down on my background using stabilizer to keep things smooth and pucker free. So was finishing the sunflowers and decided I should just go ahead and put the batting down and applique with the batting behind it. began thinking this is missing something, so I called a friend and she asked what kind of backing was I using. Duh! forgot about the backing so now got to back up and make another decision. What should I use for the backing of these blocks? I definitely have enough in my stash to use all one color for backing but I can also use a different backing for each block, kinda tied to the main block, sunflowers to the sunflowers, some pink floral for the pig, etc. I think it will be a reversible kind of scrappy once the sashing is added and become another whole quilt. The sashing will be a neutral either black, gray, white...something in that realm.
Am I on the right track or have I overlooked something??? Thank goodness I am only 2 blocks in and can maybe get it right before I get too far along.
Any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Murphy
Only 3 more days before the next block and I am trying to keep up....